Next Few Days

It is just after 6am on this Tuesday morning. Yesterday I gave my caseworkers the paperwork for the application for my Campion Card so that my support workers get into most places where I need and or want to go for free, which will save a lot of money. It takes approx. 20 days for the application to get processed and the card to be sent out to me. This morning I have to go to Service NSW to put in the application for my disability car permit so that my workers can park in the disabled parking spots as I can not walk too far and in case I have a fit and need to get back to the vehicle afterwards. This should take about 10 days to come through if all is approved.

Then later today I have to go back to the eye doctor for a more detailed diabetic eye check after they found recent slight bleeding at the back of my right eye. This is due to my diabetes. It turns out that diabetes affects so many things in your life. I know it affects your feet, your eyes and so many other things as well. I also need to get my metal framed glasses re-sized as I am having to constantly move them up as they haven’t been set into place as yet. Also, I need to talk to them about my plastic glasses as they are uncomfortable and I just can not wear them. They just do not feel right. So I am going to look at actually buying a brand new pair. I am hoping that they can use the lenses from my plastic glasses and just have them adjusted and put into new frames. But this is something that I will have to talk to them about today and see what we can do.

Tomorrow, I have to go and see my Neurologist over at Woy Woy, not something that I am looking forward too since I am now on 3 different types of medications for my epilepsy which is a bit annoying. I am hoping that we might be able to do something so I can reduce them or she can put me onto something else. As it is I am currently taking 8 tablets every single day just to control this health issue, which isn’t working as I am still having fits several times a week. We need to get onto finding out why I am having so many of them over the last several months. For years my 3000mg of Epilim a day was working wonders, now it is stopped working altogether. Which is annoying. I do not like having a fit in public, especially a grand mal one. It is so embarrassing (but it isn’t like I can stop it – and what makes it worse is I don’t get any sign when a fit is going to happen, it just happens) and I can just think of how my support workers also feel when this happens when they are with me. It turns out that I can no longer go out on my own in public. I also must have someone with me, this is the major reason for that and also the fact of my social phobia and severe anxiety disorder. 

At the moment my support worker is away doing something with the army, he will be back in the coming days and we have a shift for my normal Friday routine at 8am and then another the following Tuesday where we will go to the gym for a little bit and then down to the waterfront, have a cold drink and just relax by the waterfront for a little bit before returning back home. We have a 3-hour shift on this day so we will have plenty of time to get things done. We will only be at the gym for about 45 to 60 minutes as that is really all I can push myself with at the moment. I still need to take into account what my Doctor has said, which is I need to take thing slow because of my leg and all my other health issues. So for right now I am literally just starting on the treadmill and slowly increasing the speed on each 10-minute session. 

The way I am doing my treadmill sessions is in 10-minute parts. So I do 10 minutes, have a short break, do another 10 minutes with a slightly increased speed, have another break and then do a final set of 10 minutes and again increase the speed a bit more (usually this goes up to 5 km/ph). Then after this, I have a 7-minute session in the Hydromassage bed. It is such a great way to finish a gym session. Then that is my session done. I will look at slowly adding in some other things as time goes on. It will be things like on the bicycles and the rope pulling whilst also some other light things as I can’t go too hard or it could make things a bit worse for me. The thing I do also know is the next morning I always hurt after a gym session as I do push myself. And that is what I need to do. And it will help when I have Ethan there with me also to push me just that little bit harder and so I don’t stop the machine a little bit earlier than I really should. 

Anyway, that is enough for me since this is now my second post in such a short time this morning. I will write again later after seeing the eye doctor and let you know what the outcome of that test was and what we can do about my plastic glasses lenses. So for now, I will say chow for now and I will write again very soon.

About The Author

Zac is from the Central Coast of New South Wales in Australia. Zac runs his own online Web Design & Management business. In his spare time, he likes playing computer games, such as Need for Speed Most Wanted, Flight Simulator X, The Sims 4 and various others. Zac also enjoys spending time walking along the shoreline at the beach. Zac has a lot of health, both physical and mental which he is currently working on after a long history of abuse, hardship and decades being homeless. Zac continues to get by day by day and is moving forward with his life and is no longer letting anyone hold him back.